Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why purchase a Dell Laptop?

One of the most well known brands on the market are Dell laptops. Of course, this comes from a lot of advertising. But their quality goes a long way in explaining why they are so big in the IT world.

Let's take for example the new Dell Inspiron 6000. This is a high powered notebook that features the so-called Sonoma chipset which happens to be the latest Intel processor. Now, this chipset is strictly for mobile computers, so it is specifically designed to make sure your laptop works as optimally as possible. This involves the best in battery power life, the fastest graphics for gaming and multimedia, and wireless connectivity.

As far as wireless technology goes, these Dell laptops pack the latest technology. For example, they offer the optional Bluetooth for you business users out there. Of course then there is the standard 10/100 ethernet card and Wi-Fi access, so you can use your card in wireless hotpsots at home, in your local coffee shop ar at work.

Here are a few other accessories that round out the connectivity of these computers. It has an IEEE 1394 port, a Firewire port, an S-Video port and four USB ports. Now, if that's not enough, the Inspiron 6000 also has a slot for Secure Digital Memory cards.

Now, no matter how many digital cameras, music players, personal digital assistants (PDA's), or cell phones you have, your Dell Inspiron 6000 notebook will have enough access for all of them.

This computer also has a big brain! You can choose from either a 1.30 GHz Intel Celeron processor or the 1.60 GHz Pentium processor. As far as hard drives go, they also come in a selection of ranges from 30 GB to 80 GB. You can also pack the computer with optical drives like a DVD double layer burner or a writeable CD/DVD combo.

What does this mean for the layperson? All these numbers and abbreviations mean only one thing, no matter what you need your computer for, there are Dell laptops out there that are perfect for the task.

I have had nothing but Dell computers in my office as well as my home and I will continue to buy them and recommend them. Not just because they are excellently made computers, but because Dell stands behind their products in price as well
as service.

Just to give you an example of the Dell Service, I purchased a Dell Desktop last year for my office, one of many. This one computer did develop a problem with the DVD drive. I could read DVD's but I couldn't burn one. I called support they responded very quickly and while I was on the phone with them the technician had me run some tests. The DVD unit was found to be defective. The technician offered to send me a new unit by next day air or have a technician come to my office. I chose the latter, and the technician showed up within 24 hours replaced the unit and had me up running. Now for me I couldn't have asked for better or faster service.

No comments:

Post a Comment