When you are learning how to play Omaha high-low you need to learn some special approaches with starting hands. It is also important that you concentrate in comparing your hand with the community card for a poker when you are learning how to play Omaha high-low as a beginner or amateur. Never forget the 2 from the pocket card and 3 from the board card concept in Omaha.
How to play Omaha high-low explained in a nutshell:-
• Forced blinds are made.
• Four down cards are dealt – bet follows from player left to blind (4 pocket)
• Three face up community cards - bet follows – from remaining players (3 flop cards)
• Another face up community card - bet follows - from remaining players (1 turn card)
• Last community card face up - bet follows - from remaining players (1 river card)
• Showdown, high and low shares the pot
How to play Omaha high-low and finalize on pot splitting?
• If the same player has both the high and low the pot is taken by the single player.
• If one player has high and other has low (8 or better) the pot is split in to half
• If one player has high and 2 have equally ranked lows, half pot goes to the high rank and the remaining half pot is split between the two lows
• If one player has high and lows and another has equal lows, the high low player takes three-fourth of the pot and the one-fourth is taken by the player with equal low.
A strong starting can be a monstrous luck. If you happen to have the following, you have most probabilities of winning:-
• AAKK, AAQQ, AAJJ, AATT, AAJT, AA99 or AAXX are the best of the hands regardless of double suits.
• KKQQ, KKJJ, KKTT, QQJJ, QQTT, KQJT, JT98, KKAQ, KKAJ, KKQJ, KKQT, KKJT, QQAK, QQAJ, AAKJ, QQKT, QQJT, QQJ9 are also best hands.
When you learn how to play Omaha high-low the most of the trick lies in:-
• Pocket card versus community card considering the 2 from pocket and 3 from board requirement.
• Above all learn to read the 8 or better low card versus the low nuts!
When you learn how to play Omaha high-low you need concentrate on how to read the low nuts, if possible try to mug up the series of nut lows.